This camera was purchased in the 1960s by an Edinburgh camera dealer from Edinburgh University.
Production in this year, however was of fixed lens units. The first screw mount unit did not go into production until 1930. It appears that this unit may have been modified, (probably by the factory). Confirmation that Leitz offered factory upgrades to later specifications can be found here.
Any inspection by appointment is welcome. Please email or telephone us on +44 1270 767158. We intend to offer this historic camera body by way of auction once a sufficient number of potential buyers have expressed their interest. Offers in advance of auction will be carefully considered.
Please click the thumbnails below for full-sized images.